A Day in the Life…..
Yesterday I received a ‘Thank You’ call from a constituent who I had helped with a problem, the long and short of it he is £55 a week better off, and has had a back pay settlement to boot! So that was a good start.
- Received news that the City are putting their attention to the overgrown bushes at Bucknall Road/Coppice Farm walkways after I had requested them to take action -Well Overgrown!
- Received advice from West Midlands Police following complaints I have made with regards to Anti-Social Behaviour in Parker Road Garages.
- I wrote three Housing cases up for constituents- Housing is the most difficult and the most important issues Councillors are tasked with dealing with.
- Chilworth Ave – I again contacted the Environmental Health Team relating to a problem that is manifest in Chilworth Avenue. It’s a difficult one relating to a dilapidated fence.
- Finally I attended an Audit & Risk Committee meeting yesterday afternoon- I raised an important issue around Business Rates and Appeals…there is a separate article on that which you can find on www.philbateman.com