Being a local politician is always demanding but it is also very satisfying. I am pleased that here in Wednesfield North we are often the first to inform residents of important issues via www.philbateman.com or our Facebook pages.
In the last month a lone we have been amongst the first to inform you of the
- Progress being made of the Wyrley & Essington Canal and a consultation which we hope will lead to a Local Nature Reserve being declared along its length.
- We broke the story of Ashmore Park Nursery School and the visit of Swedish Educators with other schools observing ‘good practice’ at our Nursery.
- We informed the residents of the impending consultation by the Post Office with regard to the opening of a new Post Office in Woodend
- We also broke the story about insane youths who threw a firework from a speeding car, at a resident walking her dog here in Wednesfield
- We also broke the story about the dead fox on the canal that was causing grief to passers by.
All those story’ were displayed on www.philbateman this month. All the stories were read by thousands of readers! We three Labour Councillors –Rita Potter, Mary Bateman and Phil Bateman work hard for Wednesfield North.