There has been much debate and interest in the congestion that occurs around Corpus Christi School in Ashmore Avenue on Ashmore Park. There has been much individual comment made on my social media sites.
Readers will know that I have previously written to the Principal at the school with the issues that have been raised by you on my Social Media sites.
I am pleased to inform you that the Principal has now responded to me in the following terms. I am happy to publish the response here
“We have looked in great detail into the issue you have raised. We have taken certain actions to try to help with the situation:
1. The Principal has put a reminder on the newsletter about the parking within the church car park, about respecting our neighbours and not blocking drives, etc
2. Member of senior staff being on duty at the gate linked to the car park, reminding parents not to park inappropriately, or speed of their vehicle.
3. School business manager has been in talks with the local authority about the cctv car, or parking wardens coming down at key times within the day. They will monitor the situation and deal with any parents who are causing any situations where they breaking any laws. (We have been assured this will occur within the next couple of weeks and they will feed back to ourselves)
4. The council have also agreed to look into why the dropped drives are in Ashmore Avenue and info us of the outcome of this.
5. I will also be discussing this at the next academy committee meeting.
I would like to know if you have had a response from the police, and what their suggestions are. I also do feel that you may need to come down and actually see the situation for yourself, as we found some very different situations to what you had raised.”