COVID 19 (CORONAVIRUS)
PEOPLE RETURNING FROM ITALY
Guidance from the Department for Health and Social care and from Public Health England has been updated.
The area in “Lockdown” in Northern Italy has expanded substantially over the weekend and now covers:
• Lombardy (which includes the cities of Milan, Bergamo, Como)
• the provinces of Modena, Parma, Piacenza, Reggio Emilia and Rimini (all in Emilia Romagna);
• Pesaro e Urbino (in Marche)
• Alessandria, Asti, Novara, Verbano-Cusio-Ossola and Vercelli (all in Piemonte)
• Padova. Treviso and Venice (in Veneto)
The advice is for peoples who have returned from these areas in the last 14 days to stay indoors and avoid contact with other people even if you do not have symptoms.
For people who have returned from any other part of Italy in the last 14 days is to stay indoors and avoid contact with other people if you have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath, even if your symptoms are mild.
The advice is to use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do next.
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.
In Scotland call your GP or NHS 24 on 111 out of hours.
In Wales call 111 (if available in your area) or 0845 46 47.
In Northern Ireland call 111.
This guidance is based on the recommendations of the UK Chief Medical officers