Homes are required – No one would argue with that statement, and in line with the City of Wolverhampton campaign to build new homes, I can inform you that here in Wednesfield North we are embarking on another 11 new build Council Homes. The five sites being earmarked are Brownfield sites all located on former , now redundant Garage Sites.
These are to be found at-
• Townson Road former garage site – 2 X 2bed houses
• Simmons Road former garage site – 1 X 2bed bungalow
• Woodside B former garage site – 4 X 1bed apartments
• Wolmer Road B former garage site – 2 X 2bed houses
• Southall Road B former garage site – 2 X 2bed houses
Site surveys have been carried out and the Wolverhampton Homes team will shortly be submitting planning applications for each site.
There will be other sites across the City.
\Wolverhampton Homes will be sending letters to all the residents surrounding each site to advise them of the planning application prior to the standard planning consultation period.
Wolverhampton Homes will then appointed the contractor who will advise of the delivery of the programme
If all goes to plan the likely start to programme this will start during the Summer of 2020, subject to City of Wolverhampton Council Cabinet approvals.