Councillor Phil Bateman urged residents to “Reinforce social distancing guidelines,” its imperative where ever you are, and whatever you are doing that you stay at least two metres distant from other people. We need to flatten this Covid-19 curve. Wolverhampton has 183 cases confirmed. We flatten the curve by doing as much as we can to stay at home. If you have to go out keep your distance. Here is some advice. You know I want to see all of you after this awful virus has passed, and run its course.This is what you need to do ”
There is a strict need to adopt social distancing measures to minimise the risk of coronavirus transmission is raising unprecedented challenges in how we all live our everyday lives. City of Wolverhampton Council are continuing to push out some key messages (listed below) for residents to follow’.
Residents who are not exhibiting coronavirus symptoms should:
• Stay at home wherever possible, leaving the house at most once a day for exercise. This should be limited to a maximum of 30 minutes if running and one hour if walking.
• Plan ahead to make sure they can access food and medicines with as few trips out of the house as possible.
• Work from home wherever possible.
• Not arrange or attend gatherings of any friends or family members that they do not live with.
• Avoid coming within two metres (six feet) of anyone who they do not live with if they have to leave the house.
I know this last point is proving particularly difficult in shops and supermarkets. However Residents should make sure that they follow instructions from staff who will be putting controls in place, such as marking where shoppers should wait when waiting in queues at checkouts.
Other social distancing measures that have been put in place include the cancellation of all ceremonies such as weddings, christenings, and religious gatherings. Funeral attendance has been restricted to immediate family members only.
If residents have any coronavirus symptoms such as a fever or continuous cough, they should not leave the house and should follow the NHS instructions listed here. Both links are available on our Coronavirus advice and information webpages: www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/coronavirus-advice-and-information.
In line with Government guidance, we are putting social distancing measures in place wherever possible, including at our Food Distribution Hub.