Over this weekend there were rumours that some dogs had been taken unwell, and the ‘word’ on Facebook was that it was sickness due to the dogs ingesting Rat poison on the Ashmore Park.
Councillor Phil Bateman said “ At the time I commented that I thought that it was unlikely that the City Authority’s was involved.
I have made enquiries and can now confirm that the City Council do not bait bait for rats in a public space like this is.
If a dog is taken ill, I would urge the owners to take the dogs to a vets for urgent attention, and get a medical diagnosis.
Rest assured The City Council and The Ashmore Park staff are not placing poison down in the Park. Pet owners should be assured by this statement.”