Date: Tuesday 1st November; Where: Livery Hall at Guildhall, London; Time: 6.30 – 9pm
The shortlist has been announced!
- Cllr Karen Lee Duffy, North Tyneside Council
- Cllr Tunde Ojetola, Thurrock Council
- Cllr Phil Bateman, City of Wolverhampton Council
Judging will take place on 13th October.
- Baroness Dorothy Thornhill MBE – Directly Elected Mayor of Watford
- Cllr Tudor Evans – Plymouth City Council
- Cllr Nick Forbes – Leader of Newcastle City Council
- Cllr David Hodge – Leader of Surrey County Council
- Cllr Elizabeth Shenton – Leader of Newcastle under Lyme Borough Council
- Cllr Michael Payne – Deputy Leader of Gedling Borough Council
- Dr Carolyn Wilkins OBE – Chief Executive of Oldham Council
- Jim McMahon MP – MP for Oldham West and Royton
- Dr Patrick Diamond – Lecturer at Queen Mary University, School of Politics and International Relations
- Sam Smethers – Chief Executive of Fawcett Society
The winner will be announced on the evening of the awards, 1st November.
About the Awards
Every year we celebrate the amazing work being done by councillors at our awards ceremony. Guests in previous years have told us how much they enjoy the light-hearted tone of the evening, so we’ll be doing the same this time around. We are upping the scale this year – there will be over 200 councillors from across the country joining for an evening of celebration and networking. It will be a standing reception, with food and drink provided, and the dress code is smart but not black tie. Tickets will be free of charge.
This year’s awards are possible thanks to the generous support of our founding sponsors CCLA, who are partnering with us for the 6th year in a row.
CCLA is a leading specialist fund manager for local authorities and charities. When they began sponsoring the C’llr Achievement Awards they had 22 local authority accounts. Today they have 426 and this number is growing every month. They are owned by their clients – their mission is to serve the whole sector, regardless of size.