Looking at the last week in review, it had been remarkably busy.
- 30th October Monday – All three Wednesfield North Councillors attended a city Council training session on Adult Safeguarding Training
- 31st October Tuesday – I attended the second full day scrutiny session relating to the Grenfell disaster and going through the situation here in Wolverhampton. This is the second time we have met following the first meeting on 22 June. The Fire Scoping work is being led by my colleague from Wednesfield South Cllr Greg Brackenridge. We have taken evidence from the Fire Service, Wolverhampton Homes, and Corporate Landlord. We have one further evidence meeting before the report will be written and published.
- 1st November Wednesday – Both Mary and I attended the Fish and Chip Supper organised by the Ashmore Park Community Association. At the same time Councillor Rita Potter was attending the meeting of the Ashmore Park Tenants and Residents meeting.
- 2nd November Thursday – I attended the Canal & River Trust West Midlands Waterways Partnership meeting in Birmingham and spoke about the Wyrley & Essington canal. Later in the day I attended a WV Living Business Planning and Monitoring Group meeting at the Civic Centre. Mary attended the Sustainable Advisory Group at 17.30. Then we both attended the Broadway PH special evening as they opened the new Carvery and the refurbished interior.
- 3rd November Friday – I attended Bentley Bridge at 10.30 on the Wyrley and Essington Canal to take part in a video. I met the production company who are putting together the video for use at the Annual General Meeting. In the evening Mary & I attended Corpus Christi Social Club on the invitation of Wednesfield Aces as they had their presentation Awards, and introduced the riders that have once again become Cycle Speedway’s British Champions, and the Aces team that will represent the Club on the Australia tour, and who will also be racing in the World Championships in Adelaide. They go out this coming week!
It’s been a busy week for all of the Wednesfield North Councillors, as we continue to represent you.