Good Morning Wednesfield. Its Sunday 5th of September 2021, and I thought that we would start the new week by informing you of the type of cases that we have been dealing with over the last weeks of August. We try hard to make our residents the best informed in the City.
• In the last few weeks Wednesfield North Councillors have reported on a schedule for Road works in Linthouse lane, towards the end of the month, which will be based around new street lighting.
• Drain Covers that had been stolen in Peach Road, plus their replacement via City Council Highways team in just 24 hours!
• The Passing of former Wednesfield North Councillor Gillian Walton.
• We have also reported on Fly Tipping in Baylis Ave and a positive result that goes with it.
• A proposal to make safer the Peacock Ave number 2 Car Park.
• The proposal for Ridge Lane to be closed,again later this month, to allow Severn Trent Water Company to replace infrastructure.
• We gave a ‘break down’ on the new Covid-19 regulations in place for the return of School children to schools, at the start of the new School Year.
• We reported on New Universal Credit Cuts, plus we helped needy parents with school uniform issues.
• We have channelled £680 of Ward fund monies into a local volunteer’s organisation that helps provide school uniforms for parents and families struggling to find the resources for their children to attend schools in Wednesfield North.
• Your Councillors have also arranged and provided the funds for a new memorial bench to be fitted in the Gardens of the Hub at Ashmore Park. -More on this later this month.
We are always looking to provide help here in Wednesfield North, and I think that by and large we do this very well. Our regular social media blogs are all about informing you of what is happening locally. Also what we are doing as your local Councillors.
Enjoy Sunday folks! Stay safe and continue to be cautious with regards to Covid-19.