The City of Wolverhampton Public Health Report is an important document. It tries to give information about the Wards that we live in.
The Annual Public Health Report tells of what life is like here in Wednesfield North Ward.
• The Report tells us that there are 11,019 total population.
• We know that men’s life expectancy is below that of women living in the Ward.
• Shockingly 18.5% of children living in Wednesfield North do so in poverty!
• That we rank as 14th of 20 Wards that have a City deprivation ranking. Number 1 being with the worst score and 20 being the best
• That Wednesfield North has a 8.0% of its population who are Black or Minority Ethnic.
• That 3.4% of 16/17 years old are not in employment or in the education or training sectors.
• The report tells us that 64.8% of the Ward are satisfied or fairly satisfied with their neighbourhood.
• That 6.5% of households live in private rented homes.
• We also know that 24.2% – the 5 year annualised uptake of Cardiovascular disease health checks, puts the statistic as “Worse than the City average”.
This report is basically a Health Check on the City. There is a huge amount of information in it, and I will do my best overtime to take a look at it and expand on issues that I feel will be interesting for residents.
If you have any queries, contact me and I will do what I can to answer your questions.