Good Morning Wednesfield! Monday 30th March 2020 – its an overcast morning and a little chilly.
Corona Virus – Our Local situation on Sunday 29th March was that the City of Wolverhampton 153 cases of Covid-19. Whilst it is a sobering number it is not the highest number in the Country. In fact, some 30 plus other -Upper Tier Authorities have a higher set of statistics than we do. Hope that these local statistics help you better understand what is happening in the City.
Corona Virus -Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick has confirmed that every region has now been placed on an emergency footing, with the Government establishing “strategic coordination centres” across the country. Each centre will be led by gold commanders, with senior leaders drawn from emergency services, the police, ambulance service, local authorities and the NHS.
Wolverhampton is working hard setting up its distribution centre at what was the Aldersley Stadium complex.
The UK is facing a “significant period” of strict measures to cope with the coronavirus outbreak, Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove has said. The number of people who have died with the virus in the UK has reached 1,228 – an increase of 209 since Saturday. Speaking at the Government’s daily coronavirus briefing, England’s deputy chief medical officer Dr Jenny Harries said it could be six months before life in the UK returns to “normal”. She added: “This is not to say we would be in complete lockdown for six months”, but stressed the country has to be “responsible” in its actions and reduce social distancing measures “gradually”. Lockdown measures will be reviewed for the first time in three weeks.
Chemist Ashmore Park – Can I please remind you.
1) Only queue at the Pharmacy if you are running out of your medicines. Stay 2 metres apart .
2) Allow plenty of time on requesting your medicines at the surgery for the staff to generate the prescription , send to pharmacy , for us to order stock , dispense it and check it and have it ready for collection.
3) Give the staff chance to catch up on an extra-ordinary amount of prescriptions that have been requested last week.
4) Please allow us to get the support from the Nhs volunteers that will be helping us deliver around Ashmore Park every prescription we can possibly manage to complete. The local Council and Public health England will be helping us with this mission.
5) Staff will do their best to serve you promptly. Should you also need some Pharmacy items to buy please ask the Staff to assemble for you.
6) We have reduced our opening times even though staff will be on site working. We will open at 10.00am till 1.00pm and then close for lunch . We will then open 2.00pm till 6.00pm. This will be reviewed regularly.
Addressing matters a little bit more local, and away from the Covid-19 issues.
Graffiti I have reported graffiti that is appearing on the wall alongside Griffith Drive. Please if you know who is doing this please let me know. With many of our staff, not working, or redeployed. I may be that this eyesore will last for a longer period. If you know who is responsible let me know.
Rubbish Bin I have reported an over spilling rubbish bin at Moathouse Lane by the Dump Bridge. Following information sent to me by residents. Again it may take some time for it to be addressed, again because of the situation around staff and Covid-19.