- Council Tax – Talk to Us
Councillor Phil Bateman said today “I know that many residents and Local Businesses will be struggling to pay their Counciltax, and their Business Rates. Please if you fall into that category, read this advice, and contact the City Council now!”
The Council continues to want to support residents and businesses who are struggling to pay their Council Tax or Business Rates this year. We wrote to those in arrears in the summer to offer support and are now writing to those who remain in arrears and encouraging them to contact us to talk through their options. Contact will be paused over the Christmas break.
The overriding message is for people to get in touch so that the Council may:
- Make sure people are getting the correct discounts or reductions that could reduce their bill
- Choose a way to pay that is best for them
- Choose a payment date that is best for them
- Reschedule payments over an extended payment period
- Make a referral for free, independent debt advice if needed.
- Phone on: 01902 551166 (Monday to Thursday 9am – 5pm and on Friday 9am – 4.30pm); or
- Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email at: email@example.com
Councillor Bateman added “Please do not suffer in silence- use these numbers and talk to City Officials today!”