Wednesfield North Residents will know that I have been highlighting the water problems we are as a community are having with our water supplier Severn Trent Water.
This morning the Water Company contacted me with this message that they would like you their customers to read, I have agreed to place it on my Social Media sites…..here it is.
• Our supplies of raw water are sufficient – our reservoirs are around 85 per cent full. The problem is getting water treated and pumped quickly enough.
• We are treating and pumping more water into our network than any time in our history, over 2,000 million litres a day. We are fortunate to benefit from the billions of pounds that have been invested in recent years to strengthen supplies and reduce leakage (which is now at its lowest level for 20 years, despite a growing network). Our workforce is doing a fantastic job whilst still maintaining social distancing.
• The challenge is that demand has risen by on average 20 per cent and in some areas by as much as 40 per cent. May has been one of the warmest, driest on record and more people are at home because of the C19 emergency.
• When demand outstrips supply many people suffer from low pressure or, in some cases, lose supplies – usually during the evening peak.
• Our message to the public is: Please do not use hosepipes, sprinklers or refill children’s paddling pools to ensure there’s enough water for everyone to use, especially at this time of national need.
We are grateful for everyone’s help and support.
Severn Trent Water